Union Services Access is pleased to announce scholarship award winners
Union Services Access is pleased to announce four winners of the company’s 2016 Union Services Access (USA) Scholarships. The USA scholarships are awarded annually to the children of union members who have attained outstanding high school academic records. The four 2016 winners of the $2,500 scholarships are:
- Rachel Reifer of Glenolden, Pennsylvania, a freshman at Penn State University
- Fernando Marinero of Clayton, a freshman at Rowan University
- Kenneth Kissinger of Havertown, Pennsylvania, a freshman at West Chester University
- Thomas Conroy Jr. of Franklinville, a freshman at Widener University.
“Of the many worthy applicants for our 2016 scholarship awards, these four academically-gifted young men and women really stood out,” said USA President Samuel H. Pond, who also serves as Managing Partner of Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano, Pennsylvania’s largest Workers’ Compensation law firm. “Union Services Access is delighted to be able to provide these annual collegiate scholarships to the children of union members in the region. USA exists to protect union workers and having the opportunity to help the sons and daughters of union members attend college is deeply gratifying. We congratulate all 2016 honorees on their achievements.”
The annual Union Services Access Scholarship Fund is made possible by the generosity of Samuel H. Pond, Esq. of Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano; Pat Bianculli, Esq. and Brian Fritz, Esq. of Fritz Goldenberg Bianculli, LLC; and Thomas Duffy, Esq. of Duffy & Partners.
- Rachel Reifer is the daughter of Paul Reifert, a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 98.
- Fernando Marinero is the son of Jose Marinero, a member of Glaziers Local 252.
- Kenneth Kissinger is the sone of Kenneth Kissinger, Sr., a member of Communications Workers of America Local 1107.
- Thomas Conroy Jr. is the son of Thomas Conroy Sr., a member of District Council 21, Painters Local 1955.
Children of union members who are interested in learning more about Union Services Access’ Annual Scholarship Awards Fund are encouraged to visit http://unionsa.org/education-services/scholarship/.