The Union Services Access Scholarship Fund has been established to give back to USA union members and award their sons and daughters on their academic accomplishments.
Scholarship rules and instructions:
- Applications must be postmarked by April 17, 2017. All required documents must be submitted together, in one package, with the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Four (4) scholarships of $2500 each will be awarded to the children of USA union members. The parent of the applicant must be a current member of a local union affiliated with USA, and must be in good standing with the union.
- Students must be entering into their first year of college for the full 2017-18 school year.
- These scholarships must be used for study at an accredited U.S. four (4) year college or university. USA will not impose restrictions of any kind on the course of study.
- Judges will be looking for highly motivated students that are involved in extracurricular activities, possess strong leadership qualities and place a high value on education.
- Student must be entering college in the 2017-2018 school year. Student must also be a son or daughter of a union member in good standing with a union who is affiliated with Union Services Access (USA).
- A copy of the student’s final report card from the previous academic year along with a copy of the student’s most recent semester report card must be provided. Both report cards must have a general average of 80 or above.
- Student must provide at least two letters of recommendation from current or former teachers.
- Student must submit a 500 word essay. Essay topics are listed below.
- Student must provide an acceptance letter from the college/university they will be attending in fall 2017.
- The application must be completed in its entirety. All required documents must be submitted together, in one package, with the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all the above items are received on time and that they are sent to:
- Pat Bianculli, Esquire, Vice President of Union Services Access, One Commerce Square, 2005 Market Street, 18th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Download the form by clicking here.
For more information contact 1-877-91UNION.